The fusion of savory and sweet flavors can create culinary magic, and this Roasted Miso-Maple Chicken recipe is a perfect example of that harmonious blend.
Imagine succulent chicken thighs coated in a luscious miso and maple syrup glaze, roasted to perfection. This dish is a delightful symphony of tastes that will leave your taste buds singing. In this recipe, we’ll guide you through creating this mouthwatering dish that’s sure to become a family favorite.
For the Chicken:
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
For the Miso-Maple Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons of white miso paste
- 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil
- A pinch of red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
For Garnish (Optional):
- Fresh chopped parsley or green onions
- Sesame seeds
Equipment You’ll Need:
- A mixing bowl
- A whisk
- An oven-safe skillet or baking dish
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and black pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in an oven-safe skillet or pan over medium-high heat.
- Place the seasoned chicken thighs, skin side down, and sear them until the skin becomes golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the white miso paste, pure maple syrup, soy sauce, rice vinegar, minced garlic, grated ginger, sesame oil, and a pinch of red pepper flakes until the mixture is smooth and well-combined.
- Return the seared chicken thighs to the skillet, skin side up.
- Pour the miso-maple glaze evenly over the chicken.
- Place the skillet in the preheated oven and roast for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C) and the glaze has caramelized.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, and if desired, garnish the chicken with fresh chopped parsley or green onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve the Roasted Miso-Maple Chicken hot, either as a standalone dish or alongside your favorite sides.
This Roasted Miso-Maple Chicken recipe showcases the magical combination of savory and sweet flavors. The succulent chicken thighs, seared to crispy perfection and glazed with the rich miso and maple syrup mixture, create a symphony of tastes that’s both comforting and elegant.
Whether you’re preparing it for a special dinner or a weekday meal, this dish is bound to leave a lasting impression.
Can I use boneless, skinless chicken thighs?
Yes, you can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs if you prefer a leaner option. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
What can I serve with Roasted Miso-Maple Chicken?
This dish pairs wonderfully with steamed rice, roasted vegetables, or a fresh salad.
Can I make extra glaze for drizzling over the chicken when serving?
Absolutely! Feel free to make extra glaze and serve it on the side for those who want an extra burst of flavor.
Is there a substitute for white miso paste?
You can use yellow or red miso paste as a substitute, but keep in mind that they have slightly different flavors.
Can I make this recipe with chicken breasts instead of thighs?
Yes, you can use bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts, but be mindful of adjusting the cooking time to prevent overcooking.