When you’re in need of a quick, satisfying, and flavorful meal, turn to our Pantry Peanut Noodles. This recipe is a pantry staple hero, combining simple ingredients to create a creamy and nutty sauce that coats your favorite noodles.
In this article, we’ll guide you through creating this delicious and convenient noodle dish that’s perfect for busy days. Let’s get started!
For the Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce (or tamari for a gluten-free option)
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons of honey (or maple syrup for a vegan version)
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger (optional)
- Hot water, as needed to thin the sauce
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional, for heat)
For the Noodles
- 8 oz of your favorite noodles (e.g., spaghetti, linguine, or rice noodles)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Lime wedges, for serving (optional)
Steps to Make
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook according to the package instructions until they are al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, soy sauce (or tamari), rice vinegar, honey (or maple syrup), sesame oil, minced garlic, and grated fresh ginger (if using).
- Whisk the ingredients together until well combined. If the sauce is too thick, gradually add hot water, a tablespoon at a time, until it reaches your desired consistency. You want it to be creamy and pourable.
- If you like a spicy kick, add crushed red pepper flakes to taste. Stir to incorporate.
- Place the cooked and drained noodles in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the prepared peanut sauce over the noodles.
- Add the thinly sliced green onions.
- Toss everything together until the noodles are evenly coated with the creamy peanut sauce.
- Garnish your Pantry Peanut Noodles with sesame seeds and chopped fresh cilantro or parsley if desired.
- Serve with lime wedges on the side for an extra zesty squeeze.
In conclusion, our Pantry Peanut Noodles are a quick and delicious solution for a satisfying meal using pantry staples. It’s a perfect choice for busy days when you want something flavorful and easy to prepare.
Can I use other nut butters instead of peanut butter?
Certainly! You can use almond butter or cashew butter for a different flavor twist.
Can I make this dish gluten-free?
Yes, you can use gluten-free noodles and tamari instead of soy sauce to make this dish gluten-free.
What can I substitute for honey to make it vegan?
Maple syrup or agave nectar work well as vegan substitutes for honey.
Can I add vegetables or protein to the noodles?
Absolutely! Feel free to add sautéed vegetables, tofu, or cooked chicken for extra flavor and nutrition.
How can I adjust the spice level of the sauce?
You can control the heat by adjusting the amount of crushed red pepper flakes. Start with a small amount and add more if desired.