When it comes to dessert, few treats are as universally adored as cheesecake. Its creamy texture and rich flavor make it a beloved indulgence. But what if you could enjoy all that cheesecake goodness in a perfectly portioned, bite-sized form?
Say hello to Mini Cheesecakes, the delectable, single-serving dessert that will have you savoring every heavenly bite. In this guide, we’ll walk you through how to make these irresistible mini cheesecakes that are sure to leave your taste buds singing.
For the Crust:
- 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 2 packages (16 ounces) of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
For the Topping (Optional):
- Fresh berries, fruit preserves, or chocolate ganache
Equipment You’ll Need:
- A muffin tin
- Paper cupcake liners
- A hand or stand mixer
- A mixing bowl
- A spatula
- In a mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar, and melted butter.
- Stir until the mixture resembles coarse sand.
- Line a muffin tin with paper cupcake liners.
- Place a spoonful of the graham cracker mixture into each liner.
- Use the back of a spoon or your fingers to press the mixture firmly into the bottom of each liner. This forms the crust.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add the granulated sugar, mixing until well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing just until incorporated.
- Mix in the vanilla extract, sour cream, and all-purpose flour until the batter is smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the cheesecake filling over the graham cracker crust in each liner, filling them almost to the top.
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Place the muffin tin in the preheated oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the edges of the cheesecakes are set, but the centers are slightly jiggly.
- Remove the cheesecakes from the oven and let them cool in the muffin tin for about 10 minutes.
- After cooling in the muffin tin, transfer the mini cheesecakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, refrigerate them for at least 2 hours or until they are well-chilled.
- Top with fresh berries, fruit preserves, or a drizzle of chocolate ganache just before serving.
Mini Cheesecakes are a delightful way to enjoy the creamy, indulgent goodness of classic cheesecake in a perfectly portioned treat. Whether you choose to top them with fresh berries or a touch of chocolate, these bite-sized delights are guaranteed to bring a smile to your face and satisfy your sweet cravings.
Can I use a different type of crust?
Absolutely! You can experiment with cookie crumbs, pretzel crust, or even chocolate wafer crumbs for different flavors.
Can I make these mini cheesecakes ahead of time?
Yes, you can make them a day or two in advance and keep them refrigerated until serving.
How can I prevent cracks on the surface of the cheesecakes?
Avoid overmixing the batter, and be sure not to overbake. The slight jiggle in the center when removing them from the oven is perfectly fine.
What other toppings can I use?
Get creative! Try caramel sauce, lemon curd, or crushed nuts for unique flavor combinations.
Can I make these cheesecakes in a different size or shape?
Mini cheesecakes are adaptable. You can use different molds or pans to create various shapes and sizes.