When it comes to crowd-pleasing appetizers, Easy Stuffed Mushrooms are a classic choice that never fails to impress. These bite-sized delights feature tender mushroom caps filled with a savory and cheesy mixture, creating a burst of flavor in every bite.
Whether you’re hosting a party, gathering with friends, or simply craving a delicious snack, this recipe is your ticket to appetizer perfection. Join us as we unravel the secrets to crafting these mouthwatering Easy Stuffed Mushrooms.
- 16-20 large white mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 1/2 cup of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, for brushing
Steps to Make
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Carefully remove the stems from the mushrooms, creating a hollow space in the caps. Set the caps aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, minced garlic, chopped fresh parsley, salt, and black pepper.
- Mix the ingredients until you have a creamy and well-combined filling.
- Using a small spoon or your fingers, generously fill each mushroom cap with the prepared cheese and breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the stuffed mushrooms on the lined baking sheet.
- Lightly brush the tops of the stuffed mushrooms with olive oil for a golden finish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 20-25 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is bubbly and lightly browned.
- Once done, remove the Easy Stuffed Mushrooms from the oven and let them cool slightly.
- Arrange the stuffed mushrooms on a serving platter and garnish with additional chopped parsley if desired.
Easy Stuffed Mushrooms are the perfect appetizer to elevate any occasion. These bite-sized treats are not only incredibly delicious but also simple to prepare. With a creamy and cheesy filling nestled inside tender mushroom caps, they’re sure to disappear as soon as they hit the table.
Can I use other types of mushrooms for this recipe?
While white mushrooms are commonly used, you can experiment with different varieties like cremini or portobello mushrooms for a unique flavor twist.
Can I make these stuffed mushrooms ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the stuffed mushrooms in advance and refrigerate them until you’re ready to bake. Simply follow the baking instructions when you’re ready to serve.
What can I serve alongside these stuffed mushrooms?
Stuffed mushrooms pair wonderfully with a side of marinara sauce, garlic aioli, or a simple herb dip for dipping.
Can I freeze leftover stuffed mushrooms?
While it’s best to enjoy them fresh, you can freeze leftover stuffed mushrooms in an airtight container for future use. Reheat them in the oven to maintain their texture.
Are there alternative fillings I can use for stuffed mushrooms?
Certainly! You can experiment with various fillings like sausage, spinach and feta, or crab and cream cheese for different flavor profiles.